Personal data protection and privacy are fundamental rights guaranteed under international treaties. Our firm makes all possible efforts to guarantee full compliance with privacy regulations.
This policy applies to all data processing activities controlled by Tiberghien.
2. Data processor
Tiberghien CVBA with registered seat in Belgium, 1000 Brussels, Havenlaan 86C/419 and registered under company number 0417.899.754 acts as controller.
Privacy Compliance Officer
Havenlaan 86C / 419
B - 1000 BRUSSELS
By phone: +32 2 773 40 00
By e-mail: email@example.com
3. Data processing
The personal data we collect may include:
- All data and information voluntarily shared in order to provide advisory services or to represent clients in the context of a client – attorney relationship;
- Contact information, such as name, job title, postal address, including home address, where you have provided this, business address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address;
- Further business information necessarily processed in a project or client contractual relationship or voluntarily provided;
- Information provided by candidates when applying for a job;
- Information on performance of employees.
Personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- Compliance with legal obligations (e.g. record keeping obligations, anti-money laundering regulations, payroll administration,,…)
- Providing legal advice and representation of a client in the context of litigation, including quality control and monitoring of compliance with regulations and office procedures;
- Managing and administering business relationships, including processing payments, accounting, billing and collection, support services and evaluation of service providers and suppliers;
- Informing on relevant developments in tax law, on service offerings or on events organised by Tiberghien;
- Evaluation of job applications;
- Employee evaluation, performance review, training;
Personal data can be processed on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a (potential) client’s instruction or other contract (or in the preparation thereof);
- Compliance with legal obligations; or
Processing is necessary for purposes of Tiberghien’s legitimate interest or those of any third party recipients that receive personal data, provided that such interests are not overridden by interests of the data subject or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Your personal data may be transferred to
- Lawyers who have contracted with Tiberghien (and are bound by professional secrecy and a non-disclosure agreement) for the purpose of providing legal advice or quality control;
- Other lawyers from external firms, consultants or experts who are bound by professional secrecy and/or confidentiality clauses;
- Foreign law firms for the purpose of obtaining legal advice;
- Courts, (law enforcement) authorities, regulators or attorneys or other parties where it is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of claim, or for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process;
- Data processors bound by a processing agreement, including payroll administration offices.
Please note that the aforementioned list is presented in a non-exhaustive manner and there may be other examples of situations where we need to share/transfer your personal data with/to other parties in order to provide our services as effectively as we can.
5. Storage term
Personal data will be deleted when it is no longer reasonably required for the purposes listed under section 3 or Tiberghien is not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue storing such data. Tiberghien will retain personal data where required to assert or defend against legal claims until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
Tiberghien takes reasonable security measures to protect your personal data from destruction, loss, modification or any other unauthorised processing. Our partners, employees, consultants, workers and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of such personal information.
6. Other websites
Tiberghien’s website may provide referrals – including hyperlinks – to websites offered and/or hosted by other companies/persons or by social media. Tiberghien is not responsible or liable for any processing of your personal data via these websites. It is therefore advised that you consult the other websites’ privacy notices.
7. Rights | complaints
In compliance with privacy regulations and within the limits of these regulations, data subjects have the following rights regarding data processing activities by Tiberghien:
- Right to access to all stored personal data;
You are entitled to ascertain whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed by us and, where that is the case, to ask us a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). A reasonable fee may be charged should you require additional copies.
- Right to correct or update personal data;
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Right to request erasure of personal data (“right to be forgotten”);
You are entitled to obtain the erasure of personal data if there is a legal basis to it, for example: the personal data is no longer needed by us; the consent on which the processing is based is withdrawn; the personal data has been unlawfully processed;…
- Right to restrict processing of personal data (e.g. right to be deleted from our mailing lists);
You are entitled to obtain restriction of processing if there is a legal basis to it, for example: the accuracy of the personal data is contested; the processing is unlawful, but you oppose to the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;…
- Right to transfer personal data (“data portability”);
You are entitled, in certain circumstances (e.g. the processing was carried out by automated means), to obtain personal data you’ve provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another data controller.
- Right to withdraw consent;
Where processing is based on your consent (or explicit consent), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to object;
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data if we are:
(1) Processing the data based on our own or someone else’s legitimate interest; unless we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
(2) Processing the data for direct marketing purposes.
Any request should be addressed to Tiberghien, Privacy Compliance Officer by mail or by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each request should contain sufficient proof of identity. Unless in case of manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, no fee will be charged.
Tiberghien commits to examine any requests or complaints and to reply in a timely manner. In case the response given would not be sufficient, the Belgian privacy regulator can be contacted:
Data Protection Authority
B – 1000 BRUSSEL
By phone: +32 2 274 48 00
By e-mail: email@example.com